While my air conditioner was on the blink, I spent nights at the home of 2nd daughter and son-in-law. One night they ordered Chinese food. It was delicious, and the fortune cookie I opened was awesome – I think.
This could be good:
1. Since I am unemployed right now, this could mean that I am going to get an awesome position that pays lots of money.
2. Since I am writing, publishing, and marketing my books (Benjamin Boo Children’s Picture Book Series), this could mean that I will start making a great deal of money from sales of the books (that’s going to have to start happening very quickly).
3. It could mean that I am going to win the lottery (although, I would have to buy lottery tickets in order to do that).
Or, it could be bad:
1. It could mean that I will get a position, and the pay will be steady but not necessarily good.
2. It could mean that I will go insane from stress and end up in a state institution where I won’t even think about a steady income.
3. It could mean that I will become homeless and will need to just focus on surviving (or my steady income will be from selling aluminum cans in those big machines).
4. It could mean that I get hit on the head and lose the ability to think (not that my ability to think right now is all that good).
5. It could mean that I will die very soon, and I definitely won’t need a steady income.
I sure hope it means one of the top ones. Of course, I’ve never known of a fortune cookie that was actually valid anyway. Maybe I should stop fantasizing and just throw it away. 🙂