Outlived Usefulness? – FunFauxFoto©

Advertisements

About grandawn

I work as administrative support in the Oklahoma State University Art Dept. For the past few years, I have been responsible for finances, paperwork, and other decisions for my parents who lived in Texas. Working now to finalize everything after Father's death in 2012 and Mother's death in 2013. I also keep busy blogging, writing children's books, and occasionally shooting commercials. I live in Oklahoma, USA. I have three wonderful grandchildren. I am a teacher, writer, actor, singer. . . and whatever else I can manage.
This entry was posted in FunFauxFoto© and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Outlived Usefulness? – FunFauxFoto©

1. opoetoo says:

Isn’t that a princess phone?
    It is a long story but the short version is that my dad made it possible for that phone to be produced on time and actually got the credit for making it happen
    (this is virtually unheard of in big companies like AT&T ,Western Electric at the time).

I’ve seen the turn kind in the movies too .
    you are too funny and I loved this post.

2. Lyndatjie says:

I love that phone! When you got angry with the caller you coud smack it down HARD on the cradle and deafen their eardrums. I can’t stand the fact that with today’s phones you can’t do that anymore… *grumble*

3. knittingmaestro says:

Does that mean we can’t be a princess anymore? (princess phone….um….get it? LOL)

4. adeeyoyo says:

I remember having a ‘party line’ when I stayed on a farm. It also had a handle to turn.

• grandawn says:

My grandparents had a party line when they lived on their farm, but they didn’t have a phone with a handle. When the phone rang, we would have to wait and see whose ring it was. I thought it was very funny at the time.

5. cindy says:

hahaha … priceless. *Cindy confesses to remembering the old ‘turn the handle’ phones too*

6. granny1947 says:

Oh My Goodness….now THAT brings back memories.
    Don’t tell anyone but I can remember when you turned a handle and asked the person on the exchange for the number you wanted.
    Granny shuffles off looking for a zimmer.