Zumba – Zowy!

It’s 8:00 PM Wednesday night, June 2, 2010.

My feet hurt.  My legs hurt.  My torso hurts.  My arms hurt.  My neck hurts.  My head hurts. . .

My toes hurt.

My fingers hurt.

My lips hurt.

My hair hurts. . .

I just participated in my first session of Zumba.  I would explain what that is, but I can barely type.  My fingers refuse to take orders from my brain.

I can’t really blame them.  I wouldn’t want to take orders from my brain right now, either – it’s basically mush.  Besides, my butt hurts, so I can’t sit in my desk chair much longer.

Even with all the pain, I am determined to continue.  I will stick with my plan to be thinner and more fit and healthy when I turn 60 in September.

After the hour session, I had the instructor take pictures so I will be able to see the differences in my body after months of this torture.

After I saw the pictures, I decided not to include them in the post – it wouldn’t be fair for you to have to see such disgustingness.

I’m going to go eat a fudgsicle, take an ibuprofen, stand in a hot shower, and then go to bed.

It’s 6:00 AM Thursday morning, June 4, 2010.

I can’t move. . .

I’m going to go eat a fudgsicle, take an ibuprofen, stand in a hot shower, and then. . .

Oh, wait!  I have to work.

Advertisements

About grandawn

I work as administrative support in the Oklahoma State University Art Dept. For the past few years, I have been responsible for finances, paperwork, and other decisions for my parents who lived in Texas. Working now to finalize everything after Father's death in 2012 and Mother's death in 2013. I also keep busy blogging, writing children's books, and occasionally shooting commercials. I live in Oklahoma, USA. I have three wonderful grandchildren. I am a teacher, writer, actor, singer. . . and whatever else I can manage.
This entry was posted in Aging & Changing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Zumba – Zowy!

1. Paige says:

Good for you! The numbness will eventually go away and you will dance yourself to an even more beautiful you! I don’t look at it as a workout… more like a girls night out 🙂 Our zumba class is pretty hot hot hot and I have moved in ways I never before thought possible!

2. Kelly says:

Oh…I have always wanted to try this!!! Good for you!!!

• grandawn says:

It’s definitely a workout! I realized later that the word “numb” would have described my body reactions better than the word “hurt.” But I guess my brain was so “numb” that I couldn’t think straight. 🙂

Thanks for visiting!

3. Jackie says:

Oh – I hope you stick with it. Zumba is a fun class – if you like to dance.

4. Supa says:

I knew there was a reason I don’t excecise! 🙂

5. granny1947 says:

Zumba?
    It sounds VERY painful.
    That counts me out then.
    You are only turning 60?
    You are still a spring chicken….well maybe not Spring!!!

• grandawn says:

I’m hoping my body’s response was because it was my first time and body was just screaming about the major change in activity. Yeah – I’m not sure “Spring chicken” – maybe “Summer-dried out-going into Fall” chicken? 🙂

6. Adeeyoyo says:

I remember there was someone on LD who did it too, persevered and ended up liking it. I hope it pays off, GD!

7. Jingle says:

what fun poem,
    it hurts less when you write it out aloud…
    Happy Thursday!

8. Lyndatjie says:

What on earth is Zumba? Our President’s name is Zuma… are you getting exercise with him? Oooooo…..k! *imagination is working overtime right now*

9. knittingmaestro says:

I feel the same way….60 squats on Tuesday (along with the other stuff we normally do) and about 40 push ups yesterday along with the weights we did……sore is now a 4 letter word. Congrats on getting started.

• grandawn says:

Oh, my dear! I am so impressed!!! You are my inspiration. I am not worthy. . .

• knittingmaestro says:

I am beginning to see small formations of muscles…..hmmmm…..haven’t seen those shapes for many years! LOL We’ll have to keep each other motivated. Now if I could just leave the butter alone…..

10. nobusysignal says:

Zoomba your way to work (play on words) and have a great day! 🙂